Tuesday 19 July 2011

Fun with (finally) Photoshop

So if you read my last post, you'd know that I finally have gotten Photoshop (I had it before but now I have I have a new laptop and so I needed to get it back...) and I have been editing photos with it like CRAZY. Anyways, here are the photos I finished working on that I am quite pleased with.Photo of Emma that I believe I've already posted. Re-edited, of course. I got to dodge and burn a ton on the eyes. I'm not ashamed, I have an affinity over-intense eyes. I used to think it was tacky until I saw it an in ad and I was like, "Um. That's ridiculous" - in a good way.
I actually like how Blogger has made this one more undersaturated (ugh, sorry, I'm just - usually - so irritated by that flaw). As you can tell, the "brightness/contrast" tool is kind of my best friend. Except for dodge and burn, because any good photographer knows that eyes are key in a portrait. Anyways, I'm a huge fan of side lighting that only lights up half the face.
I'm crazy in love (well, that's a major overstatement. I actually don't find this photo particularly impressive. Not the modeling, I mean, but the composition. Maybe? Hmm. But what I mean to say is I'm not actually in love with this photo. Okay. Let's stop rambling here) with the eye-colour-matching-background-colour. Sort of reminiscent of Steve McCurry's Afghan Girl. You know, minus the mindblowing genius of it.So, for some reason my text is bold, blue, and underlined? Hmm. Ignore that. Blogger's acting up again. Remind me to scold it. Oh, um, wow, I sounded sane there. Okay. That's besides the point. Back to the photo: Hey there evil witch lady! I decided to go for a less eye-pleasing effect, a.k.a having a not-so-warm photo. Anyways, I desaturated the skin and turned up the vibrancy in the eyes! Sidenote: if the verb for saturation is to saturate, would the verb for vibrancy be to vibrate...? Nerdy thought. Anyways, this photo leads to me to believe that perhaps Blogger has improved their saturation issues; the photo was almost black and white, but somehow it doesn't seem to have changed?? Crossing my fingers that it continues like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment